Home / Trademark Registration
A well conceived product or service logo or design is a very important asset of any business and will represent your products or services in a better way and establish a very credible branding of your business but you will fell robbed of the time and energy you have employed in conceiving the idea, if your design is being used by any other person without your permission. You will be able to take action against the person misusing but you have to represent the goodwill and reputation of your business in order to establish your right, which consumes a lot of time. But in case your product or service logo is registered as trademark, it is far easier and cheaper to stop misuse of the same.
Trademark registration has territorial limitations and the registration of a trademark in one country does not legally protect it from use by other businesses in other countries. If you are engage in business within a country this may not be of great concern, but for companies trading across borders it is important to consider the registration of their trademark in every country they intend to do business. Notwithstanding the territorial nature of trademark registration, there are certain international protocols which allow a trademark to be registered in multiple countries using a single application.
Trademark registration is based on class: goods and services are sub-classified into many different classes: precious metals, medical services, for example. A trademark is only protected within the class that it is registered, and therefore only protected form third parties offering similar goods or services. It is common to register a trademark across several classes in order to broaden the scope of protection.
Process of Registration:
- Conducting Search of the proposed mark to ensure that the identical or similar mark is not registered or has not been applied for registration by any other applicant.
- Filing Application for Registration of the mark with the Trade Marks Registry along with filing fees (Separate Application will be filed for registration of mark in different classes
- Opposition proceedings (In case an opposition is raised by any person against registration process)
- Publication of Trademark in the Official Gazette of India.
- Issue of Registration Certificate
Note: It normally takes 15-20 months to get the trademark registered
We can help you in registration of your trademark, just select our trademark registration package and get your registration done without any hassle.
- Trademark Search Package
- Complete Registration Package
Trademark Search Package
Just provide us the your brand name and class in which it falls and we will carry out a search at the Trademark Registry to check out whether the name is available for registration of trademark or not
Pricing: 100$ per class
Complete Registration Package
This package will provide you with the entire registration services staring with conducting the trademark search and ending with the registration of your trademark in India, our services will cover the following:
- Conducting trademark Search
- Preparation and filing of application for registration of trademark, filing of replies to Examination Reports/affidavit in support of use, personal appearance/hearing before the Registrar of Trade Marks/ per mark/class.
- Handling of Cease desist Notice/opposition proceedings.
Pricing: 2000$ per class